Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Catching up ... again!

Seems that I run off playing with things and keep forgetting to update stuff here. Not that it probably matters but every so often I start feeling guilty and come back to post something.

Not long after I drew the cherries and fall leaf in the previous post, I took some classes on Craftsy to learn more about drawing with colored pencils.

The first class was Vivid Flowers in Colored Pencil with Cynthia Knox. The results are below:

"Peace Rose"
Colored pencil on smooth Bristol paper
8"w x 9"h

"Rose of Sharon"
Colored Pencil on Smooth Bristol Paper
8.28" x 7.7"

I also started working on a tutorial from Veronica Winters, "Blue Tea Set." Guess I need to finish this eventually. Still have lots to do on the tray and lace.

 
Another class I started was "Radiant Portraits in Colored Pencil" with Kerry Brooks on Craftsy, but I've not had a chance to get much further than a basic outline.
 
 
And then, I jumped off the deep end and went through "Step-by-Step Realistic Portraits" with Karen Hull on Craftsy. Not too bad if I do say so myself!
 
"Katie"
Pablos & Prismacolor Premiers on Gray Art Board
8"x10
 
And then ... some friends contacted me to do a commissioned portrait for a mutual friend who had lost her beloved Shar Pei to a brain tumor. We rummaged through her blog and found some photos and I chose one of them. Maddie was a protector. She protected her mom by placing herself between her mom and anything and everything that just might possibly hurt her. Maddie was a rescue that wasn't supposed to live much longer but had years and years of love and peanut butter biscuits.
 
"Someone to Watch Over Me"
Derwent Polychromos Colored Pencils
Pastel Premier White Sanded Pastel Paper, 400 grit, 11"x14"
Colored Pencil Blending Powder
Colored Pencil Texture Fixative
Colored Pencil Final Fixative
 
I do have some progress photos of the flowers, Katie, and Maddie in my Facebook albums if you care to look. The albums they are in should be set to public so just do a search on my name to find my wall.
 
Okay, that's all for now. Back to crochet and knitting for a while.



No comments: