Monday, April 27, 2009

Yarn therapy needed

I think I need some therapy to get over my addiction for learning new things ... like dying yarn.

My first attempt at dying was Skacel Merino Lace, 1375 yards in a gorgeous green. Of course, as I was trying to wind the finished skein into a cake, my swift decided to start sticking which meant that the ball was too tight and I had to re-ball it. Lovely, soft stuff. I'm hoping to design a wrap for it.

Here's the yarn hanging up to dry:

YarnDye01

And after being made into a fairly nice cake:

MyFirstDyeTry

So that was on the 19th and 20th. Over this last weekend, I dyed two skeins of Trekking sock yarn. One was Wool/Nylon while the other was Wool/Bamboo. I put an extra knot on one of the ties so I could tell which one it was and promptly forgot which one it was.

Here is the yarn in the glass pan after I had nuked it:

DyeJob3Color01

This is the one I think in the nylon mix:

Trek_MangoMadnessSWWoolNylon02

And the one I think is the bamboo mix:

Trek_MangoMadnessSWWoolBamboo02

My sister said they looked like mangos, so I called this colorway "Mango Madness."

No comments: