Saturday, September 27, 2008

Noodle Bowl

When I worked for Boeing in Houston, the cafeteria in the building I worked in would have a special each week and my favorite was the noodle bowl. I love it so much that I started making it at home. It makes for a nice fresh meal with tender rice noodles and crunchy raw vegies. The hardest part is finding the noodles.

This dish is great for a buffet style lunch or light supper. Just place the bowls (you'll need some fairly large bowls as this will become a family favorite) at the top of the table, then the noodles and chicken, then the bowls of vegies/toppings, then the broth to pour a bit over the noodles and vegies, and finally the sauces to top it all off.

Ingredients:
  • Rice noodles, cooked
  • Chicken broth (can use broth after cooking chicken or purchase ready-made)
  • Cooked chicken breast, cut or torn into bite sized pieces
  • Soy sauce
  • Fish sauce and/or Oyster sauce
  • Variety of Asian sauces, mild or hot or both
  • Salt and pepper
  • Variety of vegies, chopped as needed into fairly small pieces
    • Broccoli,
    • Green peppers
    • Green onions
    • Bean sprouts
    • Garlic (finely chopped or pressed)
    • Tomatoes
    • Jalepenos
    • Cabbage
    • Spinach
    • Bamboo shoots
    • Water chestnuts
    • Mushrooms (fresh)
    • Any other fresh vegies and herbs you can think of
I am so craving this right now .... guess I need to double my efforts at finding a job so I can afford the vegies, eh?

Shorah Y'all!

No comments: