Saturday, June 07, 2008

Catching up

I'm a bit behind on posting here as I've been very busy with the charting software and my knitting and crochet projects. I also found some older projects, some finished, some not - which I've added to my Ravelry projects.

The first project is a baby hat I've started using the Spirogyra Fingerless Gloves pattern. I wanted to do another baby hat using the Jaeger Trinity yarn I have but the pattern I found required that you have another pattern from a book or magazine, neither of which I have. So, since I like the Spirogyra pattern so much, I decided to use it instead which means that when I've finished with it, I can post the changes here and not worry that my readers can't get hold of the original pattern.



The next project is one I'd made back in 2003 - just because it was so cute! It's a bobble hat for a little girl from the September 2003 issue of Crochet! Magazine. It uses Plymouth Wildflower D.K. yarn which has some beautiful kid colors!



I also found a threadholder I'd made from an e-pattern I purchased at e-patternscentral.com. It works great when traveling so my balls of thread don't roll under the plane seats or across the waiting room.



I'm also to the palm on the right glove of the Spirogyra mitts and just about to get to the thumb section.



The final project is the first half of the Mystery Shawl for the Goddess Knits Anniversary Knit Along. This will be my first knitted shawl, first circular knitted piece, and first time using lace weight yarn. I've struggled with the gauge swatch and have resigned myself to using a lifeline every other row. However, I love the Knit Picks Shadow yarn in Spring Green that I purchased. It is lovely, soft, and ... green ... which is always a plus for me.



Oh, and how could I forget the scrumptious yarn I purchased from Three Irish Girls in their Teague colorway ... this will go towards a very special project that I have not decided on or have any idea what it will be ... oh the joy of anticipation just to see what I'll come up with!



Shorah Y'all!

No comments: